As soon as the tax season begins tax preparation software makers guarantee us the highest refund or lowest liability when using their services. I want to believe that tax professionals can be just as efficient in processing tax related documents. Whether it’s true or not that everybody can be equally effective becomes less important now that TurboTax provides Maximum Refund (or Tax Savings) Guarantee.
If you qualify to receive a bigger refund or pay smaller liability when using alternative tax preparation method other than TurboTax, you may request your money back for federal and/or state product you bought. Keep in mind that you have to use the same information when preparing tax returns.
Filing a claim
In order to get your money back you have to submit the following documents:
- Maximum Refund Guarantee Claim Request Summary.
- Proof of purchase of TurboTax product or a shipment packing slip.
- Proof of payment for alternative tax preparation method (if applicable).
- Copy of your TurboTax data file.
- Copy of the printed return from TurboTax and alternative method used that let to higher refund or lower liability.
- Letter summarizing your findings (difference in refund/liability when using different tax preparation method).
You have 60 days from the time you filed your tax return using TurboTax but no later than December 15, 2013.
Not included in Money Back
TurboTax cannot issue a refund for the following services:
- Electronic filing fees.
- Audit Defense.
- Tax Advice.
- Refund Processing Service.
- Technical support.
Where to send a claim and supporting documents:
Intuit Consumer Group Inc.
120 Hidden Lake Circle
Duncan, SC 29334