Get it Free Get the 2015 Federal Free Edition at TurboTax.com.
If you have a simple tax return for last year and don’t need much guidance on the form, regardless how much you made in 2015, then you you can take advantage of the Federal Free Edition from TurboTax. This includes filing of forms 1040EZ, 1040A, and 1040. And even though it’s free, you still receive free access to live help via phone or chat as you do with all of the paid versions. However, if you need a little bit more help with step-by-step guidance, the TurboTax Basic version (for as low as $19.99) may be a better option to consider. Filing a State return is also possible with the Federal Free Edition but an additional fee may apply. More details posed at the Intuit website.
More about the Turbotax Federal Free Edition:
TurboTax Free Federal Edition is an easy and reliable way to get you through the tax season. Designed for individuals who need to file a simple tax return, it will walk you through all stages of tax return, with detailed instructions and explanations of each step and will fill out all the necessary forms for you. Based on the information you provide, TurboTax Free Federal Edition guarantees the biggest refund you can qualify for. Prepare, print, and then Efile your tax return for free and receive the refund even faster.
Common features include:
- Simple and straightforward interview process.
- Free one-on-one tax advice from within TurboTax or from TurboTax website.
- Automatic scan to detect potential mistakes and guarantee of the accurate calculations.
- Don’t miss any credits or deductions and have all the correct IRS forms with up-to-date tax laws.
- Real time refund amount (federal and state) as you complete your return.
- Free audit support that includes guidance, answers to common audit questions, and what to expect and how to prepare for it.
- Continue preparing taxes at your convenience; save progress and return at any time.
State filing is optional and if you have to complete it the cost is $27.99 per state. You can count on the same accurate calculations and the guarantee of the biggest state refund. Information entered for federal tax return is automatically transferred into the state forms to save you time.