Form 1040 vs 1040EZ vs 1040A. Which tax form will you file this year?

Posted by

Whether you’re filing taxes for the first time or not, there is always a bit of confusion as to which tax form to use to file your tax return. Is it Form 1040, 1040A, or maybe 1040EZ?

Below table should give you a jump-start in deciding on the appropriate form to use. Remember to always check with instructions to each form in case you have doubts. And if it gets too complicated, the best option is to go with Form 1040, as it is the most complete one, tailored for all tax scenarios.

Form 1040 vs 1040EZ vs 1040A.fw

1040 vs 1040EZ vs 1040A.fw

The whole situation becomes less stressful if you have an accountant preparing taxes for you or you do it electronically. In both cases, a tax professional or software such as TurboTax or H&R Block will select the appropriate form for you based on the answers you provide during the interview process.

1040 1040EZ 1040A filers.fw

Helpful links:


Leave a comment