Quickbooks Contractor will be release on September 30! Come back soon for the latest offers, coupon codes and promotions as we will be adding them here in the next few days.
With the housing market recovering and more constructions permits being issued, contractors and their businesses are getting busier and taking the advantage of the recovery. QuickBooks Premier Contractor offers many general business features to make operations smooth and efficient. Additionally, it’s equipped with unique characteristics just for construction business.
Features that apply to construction operations:
- Jobs by Vendor Report – for every job you will have to purchase goods and maybe even services; this reports lets you pick a job/project and enlists all the vendors involved in it and who still needs to be paid and how much.
- Cost to complete Job Report – you can compare each estimate to actual cost (up to selected date) for better cost control; also see the percentage of completion of each project and/or a job within the project that will give you idea whether or not your costs are on track to meet the goals.
- Analyze profitability of your projects – this time you compare finished projects and see how profitable you were; it applies to entire projects and individual phases.
- Provide job estimates and keep track of any changes that occurred – within estimates include any changes that are made after the initial meeting and provide that information to your clients to keep them up to date how those changes affect the final cost of the project.
- Bill clients as you complete different stages of a particular project; particularly useful and outright necessary for longer projects.
- Any expenses incurred on daily basis can be easily assigned to current jobs.
Features to make business operate better on daily basis:
- Better control of inventories – report that is customizable based on your needs and includes quantities on hand, reorder point, cost, who purchased a particular item, manufacturer, and much more.
- Calendar view of all important events for the day, week, or month – quick snapshot brings up all important events so you don’t miss anything significant.
- Invoice clients receiving the same product or service on regular basis at once with batch invoicing.
- Document Center lets you bundle documents which saves time during tax season by having everything neatly grouped in one place.
- Analyze all aspects of your company performance using many built-in reports and import report created by other QB users.
- Prepare professional looking invoices and quotes, add your logo, and customize them any time.
- Customer Center lets you quickly see who owes you and how much; on the flip side, Vendor Center will quickly list all vendors and how much is currently owed to each of them.