Get $20 to $30 OFF Get up to $30.00 off TurboTax 2021 versions.
It’s that time again where we have to worrying abut paying our taxes. While it’s always difficult to get started, TurboTax makes it as painless as possible with their step by step tax programs. And to help you get filed in time this year, they are offering $20 off the Deluxe and Premier 2021 online versions and $30 off the Self-Employed 2021 version when picked up directly at intuit.com. Just follow the above link to get the offer applied to your cart and proceed with your purchase (or click the “get started for free” option if you’re going with the online version).
Bundle Deal! Get 50% off with the 2021 TurboTax/Quickbooks bundle.
If you’re a user a Quickbooks and haven’t yet upgraded to the 2021 version, then there is no better time to upgrade because the TurboTax/Quickbooks bundle discount is back again during this tax season. Plus as an introductory offer, you can save 50% off your first three months of service. See site for offer details. This is an ongoing offer for all new customers that is expected to last through the tax deadline on April 15, 2021. Available for new customers only
Start now Try out TurboTax Deluxe now, pay only when you file.
If you haven’t used TurboTax before or if you want to test out the difference between versions for yourself, then you can start your actual return to see if you like it before ordering. Unlike a traditional free trial download, there is no software to install as you complete it all online at TurboTax.com. You can save all your work as you go along and once you near the end of your return, you can decide to either file with them (and pay for the copy at this point) or just simply cancel. H&R Block offers the same free trial offer.
TurboTax is ready for the new tax season with the broad selection of products. Even though the strength of its products is in online tax filing, it now involves help of tax professionals. Traditionally, TurboTax was based on individuals competing their tax returns independently. It has now added options of either getting help along the way when stuck, or handing over all the preparation to the tax professionals and having them do it for you.
There are still many people who may be new to TurboTax, or filing electronically. Every product offered by Intuit is free to start. It is the best avenue to get the overall feel for the product and access one’s own comfort level of filing taxes. There is no cost to going through the filing steps except for your own time. One benefit of just trying the product is getting the experience with the type of questions one can expect when filing taxes.
Filing tax returns online offers some of the features that make this form of filing so appealing. For once, you can start and stop whenever is convenient for you. Tax filing can really be a process so you can split it into tranches. Automation helps with filling your personal information and even entering details from your W-2. In fact, for a while now you can skip this by taking a picture of your W-2 form and the software will populate all the right fields. Lastly, TurboTax analyzes all potential credits and deductions – over 350 in total – to ensure you receive the maximum refund.
File your own taxes
Each year more taxpayers file taxes individually and filing electronically has been a preferred method. It offers a speed in filing, a confirmation of the receipt of the return, and in case of a refund, the fastest possible way to receive it.
- Free Edition 2021 – offers free federal and state tax returns. It is mainly for taxpayers who earned income as employees and receive a summary of wages as well as tax contributions on a W-2 form. If you were unemployed and received unemployment benefits, you can report it and still file for free as this edition supports Form 1099-G where those benefits are reported. Other forms supported by this version include 1040 and Schedule EIC.
- Deluxe 2021 – this version is suitable for homeowners (Form 1098), contributors to charities, wage earners, or if you pay off your student loans (1098-E and 1098-T). Additionally, you can report interest and dividend income (Schedule B), business profit or loss, and make self-employment tax payments
- Premier 2021 – taxpayers who generate income from investments and rental properties may consider this version. It helps accurately account for any profits or losses from stocks, bonds, mutual funds, or cryptocurrencies – no need to enter any of this information manually as all can be imported with one fell swoop. Other forms supported by this version include Schedule E that is required when reporting royalties or Schedule K-1 income
- Self Employed 2021 – the most comprehensive and suitable version for business owners. Helps you maximize your refund by applying industry specific deductions. Applicable to the taxpayers involved with rideshare business (UBER, Lyft), construction, real estate or any other professional services
- Basic 2021 – this version includes step by step guidance, and includes up to five federal tax returns you can e-file; it doesn’t cover filing of state taxes
- Deluxe 2021 – get help going over 350 tax credits and deductions to maximize your refund; use ItsDeductible to calculate the value of your charitable donations; besides filing up to five federal returns, prepare and print unlimited returns for one state – extra fee for each additional state
- Premier 2021 – recommended for taxpayers who have investments or rental properties; get additional help on transactions involving stocks, bonds, royalties, mutual funds, or employee stock plans
- Home & Business 2021 – best for combining income and expenditures for personal and self-employed taxes; get help maximizing small business tax deductions as well as a guidance through a business start-up costs
File with Expert help
TurboTax has been integrating live help with taxes across its products in the recent past. This year filers have two options to connect with a tax pro and get help answering tax questions: TurboTax Live or TurboTax Full Service.
Both services offer the same type of products: Basic, Deluxe, Premier, and Self-Employed. You can begin filing on your own without any help, but if at any point you realize you need assistance, you now have two options. The first one, TurboTax Live, lets you connect with a CPA or a tax pro via chat or video and discuss your questions. You then continue filing taxes on your own. Alternatively, you can opt for TurboTax Full Service and have a tax pro take over, prepare and file your taxes. It wouldn’t require your involvement other that providing the required tax documents, and a conversation via video for the tax pro to learn about your particular tax situation.
TurboTax is currently offering a promotion for the Live Basic edition for simple tax returns: it is free if you file by 2/15. It includes state, or states, and one federal filing. Any additional services that you add during the process will get added.